Wondering what the various types of commercial and residential sandblasting are? You are at the right place. But before we dive into that, let’s see what sandblasting is.
Sandblasting is also known as abrasive blasting. It is the process of using an abrasive material to smoothen rough surfaces, roughen smooth surfaces, eliminate foreign substances from a surface like paint and shape a surface.
What are the different types of sandblasting?
- Dry-ice blasting; this a newer and most innovative type of sandblasting. It stands out among other types since it uses carbon dioxide, which is non-toxic. It doesn’t react with the contaminant on the part surface.
- Steel grit blasting; in this process, steel grit is used as the abrasive. This method is usually preferred because of its fast-cutting nature.
- Shot blasting; uses high-velocity steel abrasive. With this method, it is possible to obtain excellent cleaning and surface preparation for secondary finishing operations.
- Soda blasting; this refers to the use of soda or bicarbonate of soda in the blasting process
- Bristle blasting; in this method, steel wire bristles are directly rotated against the material’s surface to remove contaminants.
- Bead blasting; this is an air-powered abrasive blasting method that uses glass beads.suitable
Each blasting material works well for certain applications. In order to choose the right material, you need to seek the help of a professional who is intimately aware of the hardness, sharpness, and abrasive properties of every material. This way, you will be using the suitable material for the proper application.
Find Sandblasting Services in Your Area
Are you a homeowner or a business owner in Orange County, Riverside, Fontana, Los Angeles County, Beverly Hills, San Bernardino, and the Inland Empire? Leroy Vasquez Sandblasting Company provides personalized commercial and residential sandblasting services. Call us today and find out more about the benefits.